Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pre Superbowl Run Notes

Happy Super Bowl Eve everyone!

One of the benefits of having lived in four different states (it's actually 5 if you count the one before I have any memories) is that I have developed opinions of the sports teams in each of those states, and in some cases, outright fan-dom.

So, while my #1 team is not in this year's superbowl, BOTH of the other teams I feel a certain amount of loyalty to are. I win either way.

But, since watching a Super Bowl (or any sporting contest, for that matter) and not caring who wins actually detracts from the game. So I have chosen to root for the Cards in this one because

A) You cannot fail to catch the fever here in AZ.
B) They have never won a Superbowl in franchise history.
and most importantly
C) I like to root for the underdog, and I honestly think that the Stillers have a better chance at this.

In fact, Cardinals fever is so great around here that all of the workers at Russell's day care were in Cards jerseys yesterday, and then I went to a doctor's appointment and the entire staff there were also in jerseys. Including my doctor. No whitecoat for him...nope, just a Warner jersey.

So Go Cards! (No offense to my beloved Steelers.)

Now - today's run.

Walk/Jog C25K Week 4 day 1.
Start time: 9:00 AM MST
Run time: 36 minutes
Distance: 2.59 miles
Pace: 14 minute mile

Notes: Week four is HARD. I know in a few weeks I won't necessarily feel the same way, but that was the toughest one yet. BUT, having said that, I did it. I can now say I can run for 5 straight minutes at a time...more than once in half an hour. I will sally forth and do week 4 day 2 on Monday.

No comments: