Monday, January 26, 2009

Running out of time.

My runs are becoming more important than ever. I NEED them for two reasons,

1) Stress relief: I don't talk about it much here on the blog, but my dissertation is starting to kill me with the stress load. It really should be done by mid April, at the latest, if I want to graduate in May and EVERY piece of it is taking 10 times longer than I want it to. I don't know if I will ultimately be successful or not, and if I am not, it will feel like the BIGGEST failure. I don't deal well with failure.

and 2) because of the constant feeling of failure here, my runs have become my only source of success. Each time I finish a run or a week, I feel so much better for a while. SOMETHING that goes right every time. Which is good.

So, I got out for my run again today, and it felt good. To be fair though, the stress from everything else is making them harder (not to mention a certain lack of sleep last night due to a very cute baby). I may choose to repeat a week or two here or there just to make sure I don't rack up a fail in the run department too. I don't know if I can handle that right now.

Walk/Jog C25K Week 3 day 2.
Start time: 10:00 AM MST
Run time: 35 minutes
Distance: 2.29 miles
Pace: 15.02 minute mile

Notes: I am tired. I felt it today in every part of my body as I ran. At least the weather has cooled back down to seasonable temps though, so it was the perfect temperature for a run.

No comments: