Saturday, January 10, 2009

Attempt #40 at running again.

So when I started running a few years ago, I used the "Couch to 5K program" from Coolrunning.com. It was great. It started me off running without burning out. It gave me an idea of what I "should" be able to do, and most of all, it gave me a forum for discussing failures and triumphs with others doing the same thing. By the end I was running over 5K at a time, and even entered and ran a few 5K races. I was in the best shape of my life.

Then I got pregnant. hee hee.

Now it's time to get back into shape. So I start again. Only this time, I have a few added advantages (and one major disadvantage).

Advantage 1: I've done this before and know I can.
Advantage 2: I know how GOOD it feels to be in shape, so motivation is less of an issue.
Advantage 3: I have found a series of podcasts (here) that have worked out all the timing and intervals and set them to music, so I don't have to go through the obnoxious process of timing them all out myself.

Disadvantage: I would rather be spending my time with this cutie:

But this morning I got up and went to do it.

Start time: 8:20 AM MST
Run time: 30 minutes
Distance: 2.01 miles
Notes: Chilly desert morning, 51 degrees and sunny (I know, those of you in the north only wish it were 51 in January). It felt good to get out. I WILL do this.

No comments: