Monday, January 19, 2009

This time with H20!

I think this could easily become a habit. Which is sorta the point, no?

After 2 fails, I finally found a running store here in Phoenix that carries hydration belts (a belt that has water bottles attached to it) for runners. You'd think that water consumption here in Phoenix would be a high priority for runners and the darned things would be easier to find.

So I bought one I really like, and took it on my run today.

Walk/Jog C25K Week 2 day 2.
Start time: 11:30 AM MST
Run time: 34 minutes
Distance: 2.35 miles
Pace: 14.47 minute mile

Notes: Perhaps noon in AZ is not the smartest time to go running any time of year. It was 78 and SUNNY when I went, and I was afraid I'd regret not a) wearing sunscreen and b) bringing all 4 bottles that attach to my belt. But, all's well that ends well and the two bottles were sufficient...and so far, no burn. Of course, with this fair skin, sometimes they develop over the course of the day. We'll see what the next few hours bring.

So far, the running is good, though tougher than I remember it being. I guess I just need to keep it up.

No comments: