Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pic of the day: beanbag portrait.

We were visiting friends about a month ago, and I needed to entertain the baby. Lucky for me he loves to pose for pictures.






And I got for a run today. Unfortunately, it marks the first occasion on which I fail to finish my run due to lack of ability. Which is funny, if you think about it, because I've done this run before. The details:

Walk/Jog C25K Week 4 day 1.
Start time: 11:30 am MST
Run time: 29.5 minutes
Distance: 2.1 miles
Pace: 14.0 minute mile
Estimated Miles on Sneakers:
Pink Adidas 13.31
Blue Brooks 14.83

Notes: Living out here has started to teach me what it really feels like to be dehydrated. The first sign for me, barring plain old thirst, is a slight dizziness in the back of my head. It feels like I do when I get motion sick. I didn't feel it today until I got back to the house, but when I was running I felt something strange which made me stop and walk halfway through the last 5 minute run. I guess you could almost call it weakness. It could be an even earlier sign of dehydration that I hadn't noted before now. I will be more cognizant of it in the future.

Now, for those that are prone to such things, don't worry. I had water on me and drank it all the way home. I just don't think I was hydrated enough to run.

I will repeat week 4 day 1 on Friday. If at first you don't succeed...and all that.

Oh yeah, and Happy Tax Day!

No comments: