Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Running update

With the family in town, I never got out for a run on Saturday (We went for a walk at the zoo instead.) So my 'weeks' of running are off a little.

Then, I did a run on Monday, (C25K week 5 day 1, for those keeping score at home) and it went fantastically well. But, exact stats I don't have, because I never wrote them down in the chaos.

Today, I did week 5 day 2. I did it, but it was HARD, and I just barely made it through that last interval. Those stats are below.

Walk/Jog C25K Week 5 day 2.
Start time: 10:15 AM MST
Run time: 33 minutes
Distance: 2.44 miles
Pace: 13.52 minute mile
Estimated Miles on Sneakers:
Pink Adidas 4.80
Blue Brooks 7.33

So, with my schedule all messed up, and my work cut out for me in terms of the next run (week 5 day 3 is a straight 20 minute run...) I have decided to step back and keep the success rate up.

Saturday I will restart week 5. This felt good on Monday, and will likely feel great again on Saturday. Monday I will run week 5 day 2, which I did today, and likely have more success. And then, whether I like it or not, I will run the week 5 day 3 20 minute run in one week, and will report a raging success! How's that for optimism?

No comments: