Monday, February 9, 2009

Reason #4...

that I like Phoenix: Rainbows!

I was driving Jus to work this morning, when I realized that today was a run day. This would have been totally unremarkable, except I realized it because I was thinking about the fact that it is RAINING. This would be my first run in precipitation of any kind here in Phoenix. No biggie really, but remarkable because it is so unusual.

When I got home I went out for my run. There is a significant upside to rain in Phoenix: RAINBOWS! I saw three on my short little run, one of which was a complete arc. I never run with my camera, unfortunately, but it was beautiful.

Now, Run stats:

Walk/Jog C25K Week 4 day 2(2nd time).
Start time: 9:15 AM MST
Run time: 40 minutes
Distance: 2.75 miles
Pace: 14.54 minute mile
Miles on Sneakers: Blue Brooks 5.11

Notes: I am feeling really good about these runs. I will certainly be ready for week 5 next week. Of the 40 minutes, 16 of those are spent running (interspersed with walking intervals) and I finish each running segment without significant exhaustion. I know next week ramps up fast, but I think I am ready for it.

No comments: