Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Milestone tracker: Solids!

Our NY pediatrician gave me the ok to start Russell on solids about a month ago. However, I wanted to remove a level of complication from our lives, and wait until we both hit the west coast and he looked like he was interested.

Over the last week or so, he has begun swallowing his own saliva, being interested in the foods Justin and I eat, and, perhaps most importantly, being hungry ALL THE TIME. So last night, we tried some yummy rice cereal for the very first time.

Russell at like a champ, seemed to 'get it', and did a great job keeping it in his mouth. It helped, I am sure, that I made it very very thin so it was mostly the spoon that was new.



I admit, there was a bittersweetness to it for me. He's already getting big, and he's only 4 months old.

No comments: