Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let sleeping mommies lie.


Russell has always been a good sleeper. At this point he is consistently asleep by 8:30, and will sleep through to 6:30, waking up only once between 2 and 4am. I'm pretty sure that when he wakes, he doesn't NEED to be fed, but I usually feed him anyway, if for no other reason than he goes to sleep again faster and therefore I get back to sleep sooner.

And while getting up once a night is not my favorite thing, I'll take it. Why? Because Russell has a skill that is far more important than sleeping through the night. He lets his mommy sleep in.

Now, I'm not talking 10 or 11 am sleep in, but when he wakes up on weekends, and I am still sound asleep in my bed, he is perfectly content to play in his crib quietly for an hour or more. To be fair, I have no idea how long, because he doesn't wake me up!

He's a great kid. I am so spoiled.

No comments: