So, most of you know I knit. Having a baby on the way is exciting because it means lots of little instant gratification projects with the added bonus that they are constant reminders of the baby-to-be.
As soon as I knew it was a boy, I hit my favorite online knitting suppliers. I bought a book of baby patterns that had a few really great little boy patterns in them, and the yarn for my first project. I, of course, started knitting the first one the day it came the door.
In this case, it's a vest - made in a cotton blend - for the little one. I have knit the back completely:
And I started the front last weekend, roughly Sunday morning (in front of the pregame show for the Superbowl, and straight through the evening's festivities) So far I'm here:
This morning, I sat down to work on it some more. Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with knitting, how long something becomes is dependent on two things, how many rows you knit, and how much length each of those stitches takes up, known as gauge. So, for this project, when I knit the back, I counted very carefully how many rows I had to the bottom of the armhole to make the length I wanted, and then when I knit the front, I simply knit that many rows again.
Only I knit the front, *During The Superbowl*.
I was tense during the whole game. So I pulled the yarn tighter. So the rows took up less length...
Yep, you got it, this morning I was a few inches from finished at the top and realized that the pieces looked different.
All because of the darned Superbowl.
I don't plan on fixing it. It's a small enough difference that when I put it together it should come out ok. But it is funny.
At least to me.