Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baby update

Russell Georgi is as stubborn as both his parents can be. This does not bode well.

As of May 19th, he was estimated at a little over 8lbs. (For those keeping score, that is big for 37 weeks 5 days). But, from a much more immediately important standpoint, he was also still breech.

So, last Friday (May 23rd) we went in for an external cephalic version (ECV) which is basically where they push on my stomach from the outside to see if they can get him to move on the inside.

No luck.

He is still transverse breech, meaning that his head is on one side of my upper abdomen and his butt is on the other side of my upper abdomen. Note: neither of these are anywhere near my pelvis where they belong. This is a completely undeliverable position.

As a result, I am now officially scheduled for a c-section next Friday (June 6th) and barring a change in his position between now and then, will be Russell's birthday. It isn't my first choice, I admit. At this point however, it does appear to be the only choice.

The end, as they say, is in sight. At least I now have a date to look forward to.

No comments: