Monday, March 31, 2008

Baby Showers and much gratitude.

My coworkers and department threw a lovely baby shower for me and another woman on the floor on March 21st. We had a tasty cake and everyone was way too generous. I have no pictures to share, but much thanks! Particularly to Molly who organized the whole thing. It was really wonderful of you guys.

And then…

My family and friends all gathered up north for a baby shower on the 22nd hosted by my loverly sister Kim. Before we went up, I made cookies as table décor/favors – I am really proud of the way they came out. And before you all start wondering why I made cookies for my own baby shower, I wanted to. My dearest friend Sarah found the cookie cutter for me; I had been searching for ‘the perfect’ one for a few weeks “with a tail”.




It was really great to see everyone and just have a good time. Unfortunately, after double and triple checking that we had the digital camera with us when we drove up to Mass, we left it at home the day of the shower. One of these days we’ll figure out how to have a camera when we need it. The only pictures I have were taken by others – and I want to thank you all for sending them my way. Here are a few of the highlights.


28 weeks along - and all belly (photo courtesy of Ann)


Justin and the dino sweater grandma Ann made for the Baby (photo courtesy of Ann)


The obligatory gift table picture. (Photo courtesy of Sue)


Mo with the cookie she decorated. (Photo courtesy of Sue)


One of the many (and my favorite) gifts that grammie Sue made. (Photo courtesy of Sue)

While ‘real’ thank you cards will be coming soon, I wanted to say thank you to all that were so thoughtful as to bring me and the baby gifts at both showers. You were all so very generous. I wish I could see you all more often.

No comments: